Sunday, March 20, 2011

Google Panda Algorithm Calls For a Site Audit

You guys have probably heard of the new Google Panda algorithm by now, if you haven't here is the what the update means to you. Basically Google is taking action against duplicate content on the web. They have expressed their dislike of duplicate content for some time, but now they mean business. Sites with high PR's who have not complied have been penalized and their PR has dropped drastically.

I know there are many sites and blogs that say PR is not important, but let me ask you this: Do you care about your site appearing in Google and hopefully closer to the first page? I do and in this case PR is important. Yes there are other factors and methods to get web traffic, but we are talking about Google traffic here. This post is not meant for those bloggers out there who are the sole authors of their blogs writing only unique content. This post is meant for those who receive guest posts or those who have borrowed content from article marketing sites.

Everybody makes mistakes, we are human we are allowed mistakes. This is why I am encouraging you to conduct a site audit. I receive guest posts on Gig Logo and I am going to conduct a site audit in which I will test content to see if it appears anywhere else on the web. If it does it is getting removed from Gig Logo. One of the rules on the Gig Logo site is no duplicate content; the rule has been in place from the start. Sometimes articles slip through the cracks and this is why I am conducting a site audit. I encourage all blogs that receive guest posts and those who have borrowed content from article marketing sites to do the same if they are concerned with how their site appears on Google.

Happy blogging everyone!